‘Freedom Walks’ & Coalition Building to Break the Chains of Modern Slavery:
Human Trafficking Sex Trade Mass Incarceration & Children in Poverty
On April 22, 2016, the World Peace Walkers and Partners in The Red Flame for Freedom movement take to the streets in communities throughout the United States to raise awareness about the proliferation of modern day slavery experienced through sex trafficking, human trafficking, mass incarceration, and children in poverty. Modern day slavery in not simply a foreign issue, it is also an American issue and may be closer than you think.
Join the Spirit of Truth Foundation, World Peace Walkers (Trail of Dreams World Peace Walkers, 13 Moon Walk 4 Peace), NOWTIME Media, LLC, United Religions Initiative (URI), WorldBridge Media, One Common Unity (OCU), Center of Health and Whole Healing, iLogic, Social Artistry Alliance of the Southeast US… and the growing number of organizations who are saying NO MORE!
From April 22 through September 25, 2016
Cities where events will take place: Atlanta, Georgia • Tampa, Florida • Houston, Texas • New Orleans, Louisiana • Las Vegas, Nevada • Los Angeles, California • San Francisco/Oakland, California • Chicago, Illinois • New York City, New York • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania • Baltimore, Maryland • Washington, DC • Tampa, Florida • Charlotte, North Carolina
Cities choose the dates of the weekend that is most conducive for them:
April 22-24 • May 6-8 • May 13-15 • May 20-22 • May 27-29 • June 3-5 • June 10-12
June 17-19 • June 24-26 • July 1-3 • July 8-10 • July 15-17 • July 22-24 • July 29-31
August 5-7 • August 12-14 • August 19-21 • August 26-28 • September 2-4
September 9-11 • September 16-18 • September 23 -25
Typical Event Schedule for each City
Friday Evening – Social Artistry for Social Change (Performing and Visual Arts, Poster Coopetition,
Film Festival, etc.)
Saturday – Coalition Building Workshops; Freedom Walk and Freedom Pole Planting
Sunday – Interfaith Service
- Identify sponsors and coalition members by city
- Identify and Invite a broad base of national and local groups (government, associations, nonprofits, community-based organizations, and private sector companies)
- Develop Coalition Training Session for “Red Flame for Freedom - Freedom Walks Weekend Events”
- Invite Media
- Establish planning and organizing protocols
- Determine fundraising needs for the Red Flame for Freedom Campaign and to raise the funds and resources
- Engage Youth in Social Artistry events and competitions (coopetitions)
- Identify printed materials from existing organizations
- Research National and local “Hotlines”
- Engage Community Colleges, Colleges, and Universities
- Build the Interfaith Coalition: National and Local
- Attract high-profile spokespersons to do PSAs, Billboards, TV, etc.
- Hire a documentary team through NOWTIME Media, LLC
- Create a social media explosion!
The Red Flame for Freedom …
We are coming to a city near you! Join the movement. Contribute your time, resources, and talents. Share the vision. If you are interested in assisting in organizing in your community and/or having your organization, agency, group being a partner, contact Audri Scott Williams at 334-200-3593 or email email@example.com.