What is your Cooperation Circle or organization planning for September 21st?
Trail of Dreams World Peace Walkers is orchestrating walks all around the world and you are invited to join them with other URI Cooperation Circles, organizations, institutions, groups and individuals in this major global activity on International Day of Peace.
· Honor the United Nations International Day of Peace in a collaborative, creative, active way
· Mobilize your local organization with a global action
· Develop relationships with other groups by inviting their participation, broadening your outreach as an interfaith peace building organization
· Engage your interfaith community as community builders
· Be a part of a unifying effort with URI CC’s all around your region and the world
· Join in the Global Bell Ringing wherever you are at 12 noon
We will post the times and locations of the walks and other activities and create a world map- Footprints Around the World for Peace. Submit your photos and videos of your event, viewers will be able to click on each location on the Footprints Around the World for Peace map and see events and activities posted. In some locations we will actually broadcast live. Footprints Around the World for Peace honors bioregions by keeping events local and sharing globally. Through internet broadcasting, social media and other web based avenues, global sharing and weaving together of the events of the day can occur -unifying our passion for peace. This is a great initiative to mobilize and activate communities around an experience of peaceful engagement.
More for 4 Simple Steps
1. Organizations in each country/community to conduct a walk, dance, meditation, concert for peace as a part of Footprints Around the World for Peace, at 12 noon. 2. Ring your Peace Bell (everyone brings a bell) in celebration of the IDP followed by a brief interfaith prayer or ceremony and then walk for at least a mile. Some groups have indicated they want to do a longer walk and of course that is up to each group or organization.
3. RIng your Peace Bell at the end and conclude with an interfaith prayer. * We encourage inclusivity/diversity of faith, culture and ethnicity, age, race, physical/mental abilities, sexual orientation and gender in all levels of participation. It is that simple. What makes the difference is that we show up for PEACE!
4. Take lots of photos and video and send them to the live broadcast.
The world celebrates the international Day of Peace on September 21, 2013. It is the goal of Trail of Dreams World Peace Walkers - United Religions Initiative Cooperation Circle in honor of United Nations International Day of Peace to affect the largest most inclusive initiative for peace on the International Day of Peace on September 21, 2013 @ 12 noon in every time zone around the world. Imagine a wave of intentional peace encompassing the world, like a wave gently washing over the planet to raise the consciousness of peace, a wave so strong it literally causes people to put down their weapons and hold the space for a possible future of peaceful coexistence.
The ringing of bells is a major part of this day. Bells will ring at 12 noon in every time zone to begin each event and again at 1pm to conclude the event. According to the Center for Neuroacoustic
Research, "Since ancient times, human beings have been using sound to enhance states of consciousness. The ancients imparted a sophisticated, intuitive knowledge of how the tuning of the bowls, bells, chanting etc. could create sound to expand consciousness, opening higher levels of brain function."
If this is true, and I believe it is, the gentle sounding of the bells will connect us through our hearts, allowing all within its range to feel the power of love and compassion and -- the inevitability of peace. The Interfaith Prayers will remind us as well, that there are many wells but only one river -- the Divine by many names. We are one.
Contact Audri Scott Williams for more information
404-374-1162 or 334-691-3216